Here at Europe Lives, we are passionate about delivering the best possible authentic and active tours and travels to several European destinations.
We also believe that we have a moral obligation to organize travel in a fair and sustainable way (ecotourism).
Our environmental and social values
• Europe Lives’ operating policies, office policies and holidays are all designed to minimize impact and maximize benefit to the environment and local communities. Some of the ways we achieve this include:
• Operation of self-guided and small group holidays which minimize the impact on the environment.
• The majority of our holidays (tours) are activity (walking and cycling) based so the use of vehicles and transport is kept to an absolute minimum.
• We strongly recommend our customers to use public transport where possible and we provide you all the necessary information to do so easily and without risks.
• Our operational policies include: Using local staff, suppliers, leaders, accommodation and transport so there is a maximum benefit to the local economy. Minimizing environmental impact by visiting sustainable destinations, using established paths and designing trips to be low carbon. Using suppliers and accommodation that have responsible and green policies in place.
• Our office policies include recycling, the use of renewable energy, using recycled and sustainably sourced paper and minimizing energy and water use.
• It is our policy to avoid printing brochures wherever possible to reduce our paper consumption, and we encourage customers to view all relevant trip information through our website.
• We negotiate fair prices and build long term relationships with our local suppliers so they are able to retain expert staff, operate responsibly and prosper in the longer term.
We welcome any feedback on our travel policy and business approach.
If you have ideas on how we could do things better, support local projects or you would simply like to discuss this in further detail with us, please do get in touch with Olaf Dijkstra, our Office Manager.